Installing mods with Mod Organizer 2 from sources outside of NexusMods is actually really simple to do:
- Open Mod Organizer 2.
- Right click on any mod in the left pane.
- Click “All Mods” then “Install mod above…”, or see the images below:
- A File Explorer dialog window will open. Select the mod you wish to install. They will typically be distributed via archive files. (.zip, .rar, .7z)
- A window will open. You can choose the name of the mod here.
- You may be asked to replace an existing mod. If this is an update of the mod with the name you provided, choose replace. Otherwise, rename it to something unique.
- The mod you added will now be listed in the left pane. Enable the mod by pressing the checkbox.
- If the mod you installed includes .esp or .esm files, you can enable them in the right pane.
After following these steps, your mod should now be installed and enabled. Enjoy!