I’ve noticed that most mods which add map markers to the strip do so without accounting for stuff like NPCs moving between the sections. Using JIP LN’s SetOnFastTravelEventHandler, I’ve properly handled interactions in Old Mormon Fort and The Strip.
- The gate into Old Mormon Fort handles stuff with Orris, so map markers inside would lead to bugs with him. This mod uses the event handler to perform these functions when you travel to this map marker.
- The gates in The Strip move npcs around, and update their AI, among other things, so map markers would leave you with desolate areas sometimes or nps with glitchy ai. This mod uses the event handler to properly move the NPCs and everything the gates do upon traveling to map markers within The Strip.
Full list of locations marked:
- King’s School of Impersonation
- Silver Rush
- Atomic Wrangler
- Mick & Ralph’s
- Cerulean Robotics
- Old Mormon Fort
- Lucky 38
- Monorail Station
- The Tops
- Vault 21 Gift Shop
- Michael Angelo’s
- NCR Embassy
Additionally, an optional patch has been provided to reduce the map markers down to the most quest-important ones. This will reduce pip-boy clutter but hopefully retain usefulness:
- King’s School of Impersonation (There’s a lot of kings quests and skips a map transition to the second freeside area)
- Old Mormon Fort (Lots of followers quests, skips map transition)
- Lucky 38 (Mr house, skips to north strip segment)
- The Tops (Yes Man, Benny quest, skips to middle strip segment)
- NCR Embassy (Ambassador Crocker, skips to south strip segment)
Install this like a typical Fallout: New Vegas mod.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Do not reupload this mod to external sites without permission.
- Do not release standalone modified versions of this mod without permission.
- Patches which modify this mod but do not include it are OK.
- Do not include this mod in Modpacks, a compilation of many mods that can be installed with a singular download.
- Listing this mod in Modlists, a list of many mods that link to their original source, are OK.