Tweaks the names and other features of many items for sorting and consistency sake and adds some more crafting recipes.
Changes will be listed by ini setting, set these to 0 to disable them. Non-configurable features are listed last in these sections.
Pure nitpicks to names. YMMV.
Name change to match the Fallout 4 item.
- Glowing Mushroom > Glowing Fungus
- Pot > Large Metal Pot
- Ceramic Dinner Plate > Ceramic Plate
- New Medical Brace > Medical Brace, New
This item isn’t used by anything, and feels like just a leftover test item to me, and uses the same model as the regular version. The single placement in fallout 3 feels like a mistake to me.
- Butter Knife > Metal Butter Knife
The plastic one has been left alone.
- Milk Bottle > Empty Milk Bottle
- Triangle > Pool Triangle
Prefixes for Sorting
These assist A LOT with sorting, and are meant to be in line with vanilla-style sorting (like prefixing all ammo cases with “Case, “).
Removes Fresh prefix from food items, like “Fresh Apple” to “Apple”
- Fresh Apple > Apple
- Fresh Pear > Pear
- Fresh Carrot > Carrot
- Fresh Potato > Potato
Adds a “Book, " prefix to all skill book names
- Affects all book aid items, including those from mods. (they are a specific record type)
Adds a “Magazine, " prefix to all skill magazine names
- Affects all base-game New Vegas magazine items via list
Adds a “Mod, " prefix to all weapon mod names
- Affects all weapon mod items, including those from mods. (they are a specific record type)
Adds a “Card, " prefix to all caravan cards
- Affects all caravan card items, including those from mods. (they are a specific record type)
Adds a “Chip, " prefix to all poker chips, and removes “Chip” from the end of their names (example “Chip, The Tops”)
- Affects all poker chip items, including those from mods. (they are a specific record type)
Adds an “NCR Money, " prefix to all NCR dollars, and removes “NCR” from the end of their names (example “NCR Money, $5”)
- Affects all currency items with " NCR” in the name (including the space)
Adds a hidden symbol to the start of the names of currency items to sort them to the top of inventory lists.
- Affects all currency items, including those from mods. (they are a specific record type)
- Also affects specific Bottle Cap items.
Adds a “Poison, " prefix to all poisons
- Affects all aid items which the game considers to be poisons, including those from mods. (the game checks certain effect variables)
Suffixes for Sorting
These help keep alt versions of items near each other.
Changes food items prefixed with Ice Cold to suffixes, like “Ice Cold Nuka-Cola” to “Nuka-Cola, Ice Cold”
- Affects all aid items, including those from mods.
Changes food items prefixed with Irradiated to suffixes, like “Irradiated Sunset Sarsaparilla” to “Sunset Sarsaparilla, Irradiated”
- Affects all aid items, including those from mods.
Wild Punga Fruit > Punga Fruit
- Refined Punga Fruit > Punga Fruit, Refined
- Pre-War Toaster > Toaster
- Post-War Toaster > Toaster, Ruined
- Small Burned Book > Ruined Book, Small Burned
- Small Ruined Book > Ruined Book, Small
- Small Scorched Book > Ruined Book, Small Scorched
- Small Destroyed Book > Ruined Book, Small Destroyed
- Large Burned Book > Ruined Book, Large Burned
- Large Ruined Book > Ruined Book, Large
- Large Scorched Book > Ruined Book, Large Scorched
- Large Destroyed Book > Ruined Book, Large Destroyed
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Small Teal
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Small Black
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Small Brown
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Small Blue
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Large Teal
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Large Black
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Large Brown
- Pre-War Book > Pre-War Book, Large Blue
Changes instances of " (Fresh)” in item names with “, Fresh”.
- Only really affects items added by A World of Pain for Fallout 3, items in the base game don’t do this.
New Recipes and Tweaks
These allow you to toggle new recipes.
Adds recipes to the three main crafting stations that allows you to unbend tin cans.
- Automatically disabled if jsawyer ultimate is enabled, to remove duplicate recipes.
- If jsawyer or sawyerbatty is enabled, automatically enabled and enhances jsawyer and sawyerbatty’s recipe since they only add one to the workbench.
Sets all recipes with “[Return]” in their name to a new Return subcategory.
- This also affects recipes from mods, as long as they have “[Return]” in the name.
Sets all recipes which craft poisons to a new Poisons subcategory.
- Affects all recipes in the game which craft items the game considers to be poisons, including those added by mods.
Enables sierra madre vending machine return options for businesswear, some more hats, and sexy sleepwear.
- Automatically disabled if DeadMoneyMissingReturnOptions or DLC Enhancements is enabled.
Adds a return option for singular cigarettes.
- Automatically disabled if DeadMoneyMissingReturnOptions is enabled.
Enables a recipe for Ultrajet which gets unlocked if Murphy successfully crafts one himself. This means you’ll have to give him some sugar bombs first before you unlock it for yourself.
- The Meals-to-metal recipe now uses the metal butter knife instead of the plastic one in its ingredients.
- Voracious Reader no longer force-converts ruined books, instead enabling new workbench recipes to craft them into blank magazines.
- Added recipes to craft Blank Magazines into Blank Books and back, if Old World Blues has been started.
- Reverted TTW’s change to the blank magazine to book recipe, so it only costs 1 magazine to craft, BUT made it craft a ruined book instead of a pre-war book.
- All recipes which use Mojave exclusive items are now conditioned to be hidden until you first go to the Mojave (or if you have one of the items)
- Nukalurk related recipes are now hidden until you first acquire nukalurk meat.
- Added dead money return recipes for DC non-dirty pre-war clothing items, and tweaked names.
New Items and Tweaks
These allow you to toggle new items. (to my best ability)
Changes the Moonshine from Point Lookout into a more unique item by giving it a punga effect and unique name, “Bog Moonshine”.
- Moonshine is duplicated in Point Lookout as a separate item. This is an attempt to establish Bog Moonshine as a unique variant of Moonshine, and not an accidental duplicate.
- In-world Point Lookout moonshine has been replaced with standard moonshine where it wouldnt make sense that someone could have put one there trading with Marguerite.
- They cure a minor amount of radiation, and have an improved radiation cure with punga power. This is to make it more unique from vanilla new vegas moonshine. I thought it made sense, punga is used to craft it.
- If you disable this, they’ll still exist in the world but appear as the vanilla moonshine, and they’ll be force-replaced upon pickup. Might be glitchy.
Enables a recipe for Steamed Lakelurk, crafted with Lakelurk Meat.
- If you disable this, only the recipe is hiddem. Any you may have already crafted will still exist.
Adds Deathclaw Meat to Deathclaw loot lists with unique stats, and enables campfire recipes which use it.
- If you disable this, the recipes get hiddem and it wont be put it loot lists. Any which may have already spawned and items you crafted will still exist.
Adds unique versions of the Fresh Apple, Pear, Carrot, and Potato items with slightly better stats.
- This pairs very well with the setting that removes fresh from the names of the vanilla items.
- These are distributed in unique lore locations such as the Rivet City labs and used in the AWOPFO3 patch.
- If you disable this, they’ll still exist in the world but appear as the vanilla items, and they’ll be force-replaced upon pickup. Might be glitchy.
- Mirelurk Eggs have been added to the game. They’re distributed in the Capital Wasteland where Lakelurk Eggs would be in the Mojave Wasteland, and the in-world mirelurk egg containers have been replaced with the item. Lakelurk Eggs have been given its model.
Sets the pots value to 1 bottle cap instead of 0.
- In-world “new medical brace” items have been replaced with standard vanilla medical braces.
- Some in-world static objects have been replaced with proper misc items. This affects a lot of pots and some coffee mugs.
Last update: v1.7
Requires Tale of Two Wastelands 3.3.2
I tried to make sure this was very compatible, most changes are scripted. Though unfortunately functions which modify recipes are limited - due to a lot of hard edits to recipe records, mods which edit some base game recipes may conflict.
I do not recommend using this mod with item name sorter mods unless its changes aren’t very interfering (like say, adding a [bracketed prefix] or sorting based on icon)
Even if you do pick one, it’s not an experience I personally prefer, sorting via item name (like Card, or Mod, or Magazine,) has been very comfortable to play with without feeling out of place, and is actually consistent with the base game considering gun casings are prefixed this way.
- Tale of Two Wastelands 3.3.2
Download patch v1.7 for TTW A World of Pain for Fallout 3
Last confirmed to work with v2.07 of the mod.
Install this like a typical Fallout: New Vegas mod.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Do not reupload this mod to external sites without permission.
- Do not release standalone modified versions of this mod without permission.
- Patches which modify this mod but do not include it are OK.
- Do not include this mod in Modpacks, a compilation of many mods that can be installed with a singular download.
- Listing this mod in Modlists, a list of many mods that link to their original source, are OK.